Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Breckenridge

So, I was fortunate enough to be invited to Breckenridge for a 4 day, Girls only, mini-break by my dear friend Tiffany Thornton.
We went to her family's mountain house to do absolutely nothing but scrap (Emily & Tiffany & Amy), Mindy made jewelry, Jenny read (and moddled my skirts and sweaters when asked), and for me, sew and eat, and eat some more.
It was really nice not to have to stop and make lunch for the kids, or clean up after we were done for the night! Everything just stayed out on the tables, and was right were we left it the next morning from the night before. Awesome!
Mindy, Amy, Jenny, Tiffany & Emily

We went out to eat one night at Eddie's where the conversation centered around what the true meaning of a "dork" was..... (whale penis, just in case you didn't know. Thanks to Mindy's handy dictionary in her i-phone. hahaha)

Amy & Emily - 2 cuties!

(Prego-Amy feeling better after about 2 bites of the largest cal zone ever! She was "stuffed").

We each divided up the meals and let me just say, these girls can cook! The food was better than any restaurant and it became aparent to me that I was going to be in trouble if I didn't find a way to work it off!

4 lbs. later, at home...... (yes I said 4 lbs.) I realized that there are consequences to a girls weekend get-away.

I am happy to report, it took 2 days of good hard workouts to get it all back off!

Jeez!

I had a wonderful time!

Thanks girls!

2 comments:

ABSOLUTELY NORMAL CHAOS said...

So when I left for Breckenridge I had one child recovering from Step throat. When I got back I had 3 more to take care of. That means I have 4 bottles of Amoxocillin in the refrigerator. So I haven't even been able to go to the gym and work off my new pounds. Your sweater is beautiful with the skirt.

Jenny said...

Love the pics!! The cardigan looks so cute with the skirt, and I can't wait to see the other ones!! I loved hanging with you, we should have a triple date soon with Tiff!!