Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I've been working on some girly outfits for my little great niece!
Yep! You heard right! GREAT NIECE! Guh! Suddenly I feel old!
Since I don't have a girl of my own, I get to use my need to be girly and create for others! Which I find very enjoyable actually. :)

The Slice Fabrique blog is featuring me this week! I got to make a little 4th of July outfit and something a little retro pink to showcase the more "girly" side of  my design card called Urban Kid made exclusively for the Slice Fabrique!

1. First I ironed the fusible webbing to the back of my material.
2. Then I cut out all the shapes I wanted to use with my Slice Fabrique using my Urban Kid design card.


3. Next I ironed the shapes and lettering on to the onesie and stitched around it.   

4. Then I sewed up a little 4th of July skirt to go with using my Pacific Trade Winds Fabric by Studio E!

2nd Project!

1. Then I wanted to do something a little retro girly :) Following the same steps as 1-4, I choose the scooter design, using the shadow shape available on my card out of one fabric, and the scooter shape out of another fabric to compliment. 
2. Ironed it all down before completing the apron on my skirt,
3. Stitched around each cut, and after finishing the little skirt,..... whipped up a little peasant top to go with! 


Guh! How cute is that?


Run over to Slice and check out all the great designers that will be part of the Blogroll!
ENJOY!

No comments: