Monday, March 14, 2011

FrAmED FabRiC TuToRIaL

I'm a busy girl getting ready for market and all that THAT implies! (FREAKING OUT- and I'm not even doing a booth this go around but I'll be there!) New spring patterns are in the works *squeal! (more about that later....)  
But I have been going a little crazy with the artwork that is hanging in my studio/front room. It's so old.... like almost 18 years old! See....

I love the frame still, but that picture has GOT to GO Pronto!!!
This is what I am leaning more towards......


Anyhow, I don't have a lot of time, but had to do something!
This is what it ended up looking like...


Aaaaah, that feels so much better! Everyone needs a little Amy Butler in the house :).....

So here's my super quick, framed fabric wall-art makeover tutorial....

(see link on sidebar that looks like this)

On a side note.... I just had to snap a shot of my favorite piece of decor in my house.....

This wroughtiron lantern belonged to my parents. It hung in the house I was raised in, only, it had mossy green glass (which I would have kept, but a couple of the panes were broken and missing) Last year I brought it home from my parents garage. It was sitting in a box covered in other trinkets from my old home.  For Mothers Day, I asked my husband to hang it for me in the front room.... that was all I wanted, so he did. :) After replacing the glass pieces, and purchasing some chain link to match, he got out his ladder and asked me to hold it while he hung. Wholly Crap!!!!  It was not easy! This sucker weighs about 60 lbs! I'm not kidding! Do you have any idea how hard that is to hold above your head for an extended period of time in order to hang it from a vaulted ceiling????? He had to mount it into a stud in the ceiling for fear we might kill someone who stood in our doorway a little too long! But, I LOVE it!
The day I move.... it's comin with me! 
I just had to show you....
Do you have a favorite piece of decor? sentimental or not...I wanna see it! Send me a picture!

No comments: